Fortunately, the process of launching an app on a Windows computer as well as launching an app on a Mac device is quite similar. In both of them, you just need to press or else double click the app’s symbol. The tough thing is to find where apps are kept on the Mac device and finding out where the respective app launchers are put and the method of using them.
Not just Mac but also Windows makes this process easy of searching and running of apps with a direct user interface i.e., the Start menu in Windows whereas the Dock on the Mac device.
Here’s how you can launch apps on your Mac device
- Pinning apps
In Windows, it is one of the methods by which you can include most-visited apps to the Start menu. Whereas on the Mac device, you shall be able to include an app to Dock by moving its symbol to anywhere you wish to have the Dock to get displayed. Then, you can start the app by pressing on the Symbol.
However, unpinning implies deleting it from the preferred place in the menu.
Go through the given below steps carefully.
- Firstly, press the combination of Ctrl+Click or else do a right-click on the symbol of the app you want to take out from the Dock.
- Then, go to the displayed menu and press on Options.
- After that, tap on Remove from Dock.
- Most used apps
Have a look at the below-mentioned points.
- Firstly, press on the Apple menu and then press on Recent Items.
- Then, choose the item that you want to access from the given list.
- Programs Files Directory
- For accessing the Applications folder, visit the Finder by pressing the Finder symbol in the Dock.
- Then, go to the Finder’s Go menu and choose Applications.
- Note that you’ll be able to view a Finder window.
- Over here, you shall go through the list of installed applications, view an application by double-clicking on its symbol or else move an app’s symbol to the Dock.
- If you wish to have the application’s symbol in the Dock, then you need to go through the given below steps.
- When the app is open, press the combination of Ctrl+Click or else right-click its symbol in the Dock.
- Then, you need to press on Options.
- After that, click on Keep in Dock.
Kellie Minton is a self-professed security expert; he has been making the people aware of the security threats. His passion is to write about Cyber security, cryptography, malware, social engineering, internet and new media. He writes for Norton security products at norton.com/setup.