League of Legends is a popular multiplayer game developed by Riot Games. It was released a decade ago and is available for Windows and Mac. Many users are reporting the High Ping in League of Legends issue. If you are one of them, then go through the instructions mentioned in this article.
Here’s How to Fix High Ping in League of Legends
• Update League of Legends to the Latest Patch
- Press on the League of Legends.
- Check in case there is an update available.
- In case there is an update, then start the updating process of League of Legends.
- Restart the computer.
- Open the League of Legends as an admin on the system.
- Delete the Configuration Files of League of Legends
- Click on the Windows and E keys together.
- Go to the directory folder where you have saved the downloaded game.
- Go to the Riot Games.
- After that, click on the League of Legends.
- You will get a folder which is known as “Config.”
- Launch that folder.
- Find the file with its name and remove it in case you are insecure.
- You need to cut and paste the file to any other folder.
- By going to that folder, you can restore that file.
- Return to the League of Legends folder.
- After that, go to the below-mentioned path:
RADS > projects > league_client > Releases
- Here you will get many releases.
- Press on the latest option.
- After that, remove it.
- Exit the File Explorer window.
- Start the system.
- Once you have restarted the system, open the League of Legends as an admin.
- Now, you have to check whether you have fixed the high ping in League of Legends issue or not.
• Through Hextech Repair Tool
1. Start downloading the Hextech Repair Tool by going to the developer site.
2. After completing the downloading process, you need to right-click on the Hextech Repair tool.
3. Choose the Run as administrator option.
4. After opening the app, press on the Force Repatch option.
5. Press on the Start menu.
6. You can go through the options based on Firewall and DNS.
7. Restart the system.
8. Open the League of Legends as an admin.
9. You have to check whether this issue is fixed or not.
• Check Already Running Apps
1. Click on the Windows and R keys together.
2. Enter “taskmgr” in the given box.
3. After that, click on the Enter option.
4. Find the type of software which is using more internet data on the system.
5. You need to right-click on that software.
6. Choose the End Task option.
7. Start restarting the League of Legends.
8. Check whether you have fixed the High Ping in League of Legends issue.
• Run in the Compatibility Mode.
- Choose the operating system.
- Do this procedure with the Windows 8 or 7.
- Click on the Apply option for saving the changes you have made.
- Start restarting the system.
- Check whether this issue is solved or not.
Kellie Minton is a self-professed security expert; he has been making the people aware of the security threats. His passion is to write about Cyber security, cryptography, malware, social engineering, internet and new media. He writes for Norton security products at norton.com/setup.