Is your Windows 10 battery symbol shows a yellow triangle with an exclamation mark? No worries, it is quite uncommon for users, and seeing this issue just after a purchase can create a problem for you and also worried the users. However, it doesn’t mean that you have to replace the battery of your Windows 10. Instead, just follow this blog and troubleshoot the issue in a jiffy. Undoubtedly, the issue is not common and rarely occurs on the screen but to troubleshoot the issue; you need to follow some steps which are discussed below.
Steps to Fix Yellow Triangle with Exclamation Mark on Battery Symbol on Windows 10
Whenever you are observing the Yellow color triangle on the battery symbol locating the system tray of Windows 10, then try using the Power Troubleshooter. If this tool helps you in fixing the issues, then we don’t have to describe the detail information regarding the causes of this issue. Here we provide top 3 ways by which you can be able to troubleshoot the issue which is as follows:
- Run Power Troubleshooter Tool.
- Uninstall or Reinstall the Battery Life.
In order to troubleshoot Laptop battery showing the exclamation mark with a yellow triangle by trying above-mentioned options, out of all the methods one should surely work and helps you in troubleshooting the battery issue. Here how to do it:
Method-1: Run Power Troubleshooter Tool
Power Troubleshooter tool will automatically resolve Windows power plans and identify the system settings which might influence the power usage, like as sleep and timeout settings, screensavers, display settings, and again install them to laptop default settings. For running the Power Troubleshooter tool, you have to follow the steps which are discussed below:
- Click on the ‘Windows Settings’ to open Windows settings on the screen.
- Choose ‘ Update & Security’ option from the list appears in Windows setting page.
- After that, inside the ‘Update & Security ‘ option, search for the ‘Troubleshoot’ option. Once you got the option, drop-down the page and select ‘Power’ option.
- Tap on the ‘Run the Troubleshooter’ tab.
- Now, wait until the Power Troubleshooter identified the issues.
- Once detected, follow the instructions that appear on the screen to finish the process.
After completing the process, once check if the tool troubleshoots the issue, and if not, follow the next method which is discussed below.
Method-2: Uninstall or Reinstall Battery Life
If the Power Troubleshoot tool doesn’t help you in fixing or detecting the issues, try to use this method as your last option and follow all steps carefully and sequentially to avoid trouble and save time. Here how to do it:
But before starting the process, we suggest you power off your system and unplug the power cord and easily unplug the battery from your laptop. In case, if the battery is set do not eliminate it from your laptop and leave it in its place.
- Again connect the power cords and restart your computer system.
- Next, Access the ‘Device Manager’ and expand the ‘Batteries’ option.
- Right-press the ‘Microsoft ACPI-Compliant System’ option.
- Lastly, select ‘Uninstall Device’ option.
- Power off your laptop and unplug the power cord.
- Then, connect your battery and plug your power cord.
- Finally, restart the laptop to install the driver successfully.
Leo Smith is a self-professed security expert; he has been making the people aware of the security threats. His passion is to write about Cyber security, cryptography, malware, social engineering, internet and new media. He writes for Norton security products at norton.com/setup.